We found this recipe from Astoria, New York mixologist Mike Di Tota and couldn’t help but publish it.
- 3 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce cold-brewed coffee
- 1/2 ounce black cardamom-cinnamon syrup (recipe follows)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- pinch of smoked sea salt
- Nutmeg, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice. Double-strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a dusting of freshly ground nutmeg.
For the Black Cardamom-Cinnamon Syrup:
- 2 cinnamon sticks, smashed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 black cardamom pods, smashed
Toast cinnamon sticks over medium heat until they release their aroma and begin to crackle. Set aside. Combine water and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add spices and simmer for five minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Strain and discard solids. Refrigerate for up to one month.
Thank you Mike Di Tota for this mouthwatering cocktail.